[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3168)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3168)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3168)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3168)
Online Payment Systems Directory • View topic - Paypal FAQ

Online Payment Systems Directory

Online payment systems discussion board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paypal FAQ
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:51 pm 

Hello,
According to the pro account upgrade instructions one can use a credit card to pay without setting up a paypal account. This, in my experience, is not correct. Can someone tell me, is it possible to simply enter my CC info, as I have done for countless other sites, or must I jump through paypal hoops regardless of how I choose to pay?

Post subject: Re: Paypal FAQ
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:42 pm 

I sold an item on ebay.

The winner emailed me to say that he didn't want it and asked if I could cancel the transaction.

He already sent a Paypal payment, which I have not accepted.
There are Accept and Deny buttons on Paypal for the transaction, but the Deny button isn't clickable.

I still have the item.

I listed it with a return policy: "The buyer has 7 days to return the item (the buyer pays shipping fees). The item will be refunded."

I'm ok with not selling it to him, assuming I only lose the ten cents of ebay fees that it costs to list.

Are there any other losses that I'm not taking into consideration (aside from time)?

What should I do? How can I not accept the Paypal payment? Help!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:44 pm 

michael wrote:
I sold an item on ebay.

The winner emailed me to say that he didn't want it and asked if I could cancel the transaction.

He already sent a Paypal payment, which I have not accepted.
There are Accept and Deny buttons on Paypal for the transaction, but the Deny button isn't clickable.

I still have the item.

I listed it with a return policy: "The buyer has 7 days to return the item (the buyer pays shipping fees). The item will be refunded."

I'm ok with not selling it to him, assuming I only lose the ten cents of ebay fees that it costs to list.

Are there any other losses that I'm not taking into consideration (aside from time)?

What should I do? How can I not accept the Paypal payment? Help!

t may be simpler to just accept the buyer's PayPal payment, and then perform an immediate refund back to the buyer.

This may the quickest way to accomplish what you want. By issuing a refund, you incur no PayPal fees, and the buyer receives a 100% refund. You'll also be able to include a note if desired that explains the action.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:52 pm 

I suppose I'll also have to complete the unpaid item process on eBay, and this will give me my Final Value fee credit back?

"With this option, the buyer does not receive an Unpaid Item strike, the seller receives a Final Value Fee credit, and the item is eligible for a relist credit."

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:54 pm 

You can also file a NPB - Agree not to complete to recoup your FVFs and be eligible for a free relist. I would first accept the payment, then file the NPB (be sure it's an agree not to complete) and then refund the payment, explaining to your customer what you are doing for each step in the process. Then if they tell eBay they do NOT agree not to complete, you can send them the item instead.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:39 pm 

PayPal's service builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards and utilizes the world's most advanced proprietary fraud prevention systems to create a safe, global, real-time payment solution.

PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with 100 million account members worldwide. Available in 103 countries and regions around the world, buyers and sellers on eBay, online retailers, online businesses, as well as traditional offline businesses are transacting with PayPal.

PayPal has received close to 20 awards for technical excellence from the internet industry and the business community at large -most recently the 2003 Webby Award for Best Finance Site and the 2003 Webby People's Voice Award for Best Finance Site.

Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was acquired by eBay Inc. in October, 2002.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:05 pm 

Mr_k111 wrote:
PayPal's service builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards and utilizes the world's most advanced proprietary fraud prevention systems to create a safe, global, real-time payment solution.

PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with 100 million account members worldwide. Available in 103 countries and regions around the world, buyers and sellers on eBay, online retailers, online businesses, as well as traditional offline businesses are transacting with PayPal.

PayPal has received close to 20 awards for technical excellence from the internet industry and the business community at large -most recently the 2003 Webby Award for Best Finance Site and the 2003 Webby People's Voice Award for Best Finance Site.

Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was acquired by eBay Inc. in October, 2002.

And if this is all true and PayPal is really a good thing, than why I can`t receive my money which were sent to my by my friend and this awfull server is telling me that people in my region can`t receive money, they can only send them! But why you are telling me so after I had registrated and I was shure I will have full membership and now I am REALLY ANGRY on them.